Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can anyone tell me the name of this car safety device?

I saw on television about 2 years ago about a car safety device that general motors were selling. It is a car device that talks to you and warns you if a dangerous driver is ahead or if your driving in the wrong lane etc.... It gives you tips on how to be safe and avoid a car accident. If you know the name of this device please give me the name of it . I'd really appreciate it alot. If you don't know the name of this device then please don't respond to this question.|||I doubt there is ANY device that can tell you if there is a dangerous driver in front, or anywhere around you.





How would it know?





Regarding a device that warns you if another vehicle is too close: If you are approaching too close to the car in front of you, then YOU are the dangerous driver.|||Yes I am, but, in regards to automotive safety, I am most often correct. I do my research, VERY carefully.

Report Abuse


|||A device that would tell you whether or not you're straying out of your lane is most commonly referred to as a 'lane departure system', it uses cameras.

Report Abuse


|||There's one already in use on commercial trucks and road tractors now. It's called "VORAD". It has sensors on the front and sides of the vehicle that set off an alarm inside the truck if something gets too close. It's made by a company called "Eaton" if you want to look it up. It could easily be installed on your car, I'm sure.


The talking version you saw on T.V. is probably a few years down the road for consumer sales, but not too long.|||I've got one of those. It's called a "mother-in-law".

No comments:

Post a Comment