Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why does Pioneer car stereo sometimes go to safety mode when car starts?

I have Pioneer DUH-p4000ub car stereo and a couple of times, when I started the car, the radio was just dead. I brought it into the dealer, the fuses and power in the car were alright, but when they reset the radio by removing it, the stereo worked again. I imagine it's going into safety mode? Can this be because I'm using my car's (protege 2002) original speakers and that they are measuring 4.4 ohms instead of 4? Please help! Thanks!|||The speaker impedance is fine.It would be well in tollerance.You have a different problem.Perhaps wiring is defect when radio is all the way installed. Theres not much room and wires can be pulled. plugs pulled out fuse holder wire pulled away from fuse ect..Also could be a defective radio|||Hello friends





for more information realted to car alarm, you can check this webiste


http://www.soundandalarm.com/car-stereos.asp

Report Abuse


|||I am not familiar with radios going into a 'safety' mode. It sounds more like a problem in the wiring or in the unit itself. If the problem persists, I would return or exchange the radio.|||It's possible that your vehicle is spiking when it starts, meaning the alternator is sending too high a voltage and this could upset the electronics in the radio.|||it just it dose that because of the make of pionere it keeps it frome choking the power all u have to do is to reprogram the cd deck in ur car or just get a new on same brand new make

No comments:

Post a Comment