Friday, December 9, 2011

According to safety standard for air bags, the maximum acceleration during a car crash should not exceed?

According to safety standard for air bags, the maximum acceleration during a car crash should not exceed 60 g and should last for no more than 36 ms.


In such a case, what force does the air bag exert on a 72.0 kg person? Start with a free-body diagram.


Express the force in part (A) in terms of the person's weight.|||I go to UCSB!





Physics 6A..





alright so you use the equation F= MA





solve 60g = (60)(9.81)= 588.6 N


then F=(588.6)(72)


F= 42379.2 N but if youre using masteringphysics.com type it in as 4.23x10^4 N





then in terms of the person's weight the answer is just 60.|||OMG I GO TO UCSB THIS REALLLY HELPED ME!

Report Abuse


|||ahah I go to UCSB too. This really helped me!

Report Abuse


|||for sure hit me up to blaze !

Report Abuse


|||Haha are you in guruswamy's class!

Report Abuse


|||UCSB for life.

Report Abuse


|||Do you go to UCSB, lol?



For a 75kg person -



a) = 4.41x10^4 N



b) = 60|||thank you fellow gauchos this helped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment