Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What is the best car seat (safety)on the market for babies 25 pounds and over?

I've been finding lots of articles praising the Graco Nautilus. Just wondering what other people have found?|||I have found the Britax carseats to be some of the safest out there.


I opted for the True Fit by first years. Same safety ratings, my son is comfortable and it was easier on my wallet.


Also the Alpha and Omega's as supposed to be really good too!


But... any car seat on the road needs to go through the same road tests as all other car seats and pass the same safety inspections.


So find a car seat that works for you, fits in your car and fits your child well! (fitting your budget might be a concern too!)|||There is no best. A car seat that can be correctly installed in YOUR vehicle and baby properly secured by all is the best car seat and that is going to vary depending on your circumstances. Having a 5 point harness is of no value if your mother can't clip one side correctly when she takes baby out. In addition, you baby is actually safer with an infant seat installed with seat belts than in a base that makes it convenient for you as the bases have been known to crack and break during a crash.





My suggestion is to contact your local car seat check place and ask them what type of seats DON'T work in your specific vehicle. What works in my van may not fit in your Camry. I know that there are websites that give advice on this, but I don't have any links for them at the moment or I'd provide that, although the site I did provide is a good start.





[edited to add] Britax car seats have been found to be middle of the road for safety in crash tests and actual crashes. They have an advantage that they are more comfortable for children on long drives - if you have a long drive daily to drop kid off at day care close to work, you might consider a Britax.|||I would definitely go with any Britax convertible car seat or yes the Graco Nautilus! They all have great reviews and are recommended by other parents.





http://www.findmycarseat.com/convertible鈥?/a>





That might help you out a little bit! Also, you can search reviews on that site as well!





http://www.findmycarseat.com/category/ca鈥?/a>|||The best car seat is the one that is properly install and suited to your child's needs.


At 25lbs, it is 500% safer to have the child rear facing. There are plenty of convertible car seats with a 35-45lbs rear facing weight limit, ie) Radian (xtsl goes to 45lbs), Safety First Complete Air, Graco My Ride, Cosco Serena, True Fit...|||Britax is hands down the best car seat money can buy. I just finished researching this very topic.


http://www.britaxusa.com/|||i think safe n sound is the best. my niece has been in a safe n sound since birth and is now 7yrs old. the plastic doesnt bend and stretch like others|||britax! bought that one for my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment