Friday, December 9, 2011

Is it okay to place "baby on board" stickers on my car for safety?

Should I place stickers on the back of my vehicles to keep my family safe? I am afraid that it will attract kidnappers. What do you think?|||I had a baby on board sticker for the first 5-6 months of my baby's life. And sadly, I did not see any changes or improvement with the driving people around us. So I think people either don't care much, don't read it, or just completly ignores it, for the most part.


I personally am careful when i see one, i would drive a bit farther to give them more room, and I would pay more attention to their turns/signals, etc... but that's just me.


They are cheap so, i'd say why not, if you see a change, then for the better. If not, it was a well few dollars invested...|||I've heard that baby on board stickers were first to be used to notify rescue that they should be looking for a baby in the vehicle in case of an accident where the parents are injured. These were only to be used when the baby was actually in the vehicle. Most people that have them just leave them in all the time, which defeats the purpose. I don't think they're exactly considered a safety signal anymore.|||For safety I don't think it matters one way or another.


People are just crappy drivers.


I don't think it will attract kidnappers, I think they simply look for kids.


"Baby On Board" stickers are really more for being cute and fun than safety.|||Unless you're leaving the baby in the car alone I don't think you have to worry too much about kidnappers. On the other hand, I don't think the baby on board stickers do anything to deter stupid drivers either. Skip them.|||I have a princess on board sticker on my car. Unless you plan to leave baby alone in car then no it's fine... in my opinion.|||If someone is driving recklessly then they usually don't care about anyone else but themselves - baby or adult. Sad but true.





So, in my opinion, the "baby on board" stickers are pointless.|||Car accidents are just accidents they are gonna happen whether or not you have a sticker on your car. I don't believe you will be any safer with a sticker.|||I personally tend to drive more recklessly around people that have baby on board sticks. Seriously though, the stickers don't do a thing. No one cares that you have a baby on board and that doesn't make you anymore important than anyone else on the road.

1 comment:

  1. These stickers do NOT make me drive safer; they are obnoxious and I HATE Drivers who have them? Why should people drive more carefully around your baby? What makes your baby's life more precious than the next? All lives are equal; your baby's safety is not worth more than another person's.

    These stickers piss me off and will make me tailgate you even more.

    ReplyDelete