Friday, December 9, 2011

What does a car need to pass safety inspection as far as doors go?

The two side doors on the passenger side are busted in (the inside of the car is fine, it's mostly the door frame I guess) but they won't open and the windows can't go down. The two doors on the driver's side however are fine. Do I need new doors period or does it even matter? I live in Kansas City, MO if it's different around the country.|||Well, I've heard of people pulling the doors OFF to pass inspection, as there's no requirement for a door to BE there ( a la Jeep CJ, etc ), as long as people can exit safely, it may be legal to remove the doors. You'd have to research that, though,and be prepared to show the regulations regarding that. But if a Jeep CJ , which has removeable doors, and it's not illegal to drive with them like that (removed), as long as the seat belts function, I can't see why a car couldn't pass with that as well. You just may have a hard time getting the inspector to buy it without legal proof. Good luck on that.


Bottom line is, call around, and ask different stations that inspect in your area if they consider it legal or illegal. If you hit one that says it doesn't matter, then take your car there IMMEDIATELY. %26lt;grin%26gt;





- The Gremlin Guy -|||You should probably get new doors. Last time I checked all doors have to be in good working conditions to pass an inspection test.|||I have never seen anyone check doors on a car during a safety check. I live in Ma.|||Wyoming doesn't have a safety inspection

No comments:

Post a Comment