Friday, December 9, 2011

I have a Safety First Designer Car Seat- Orchard, I was wondering which Travel system would work with it?

I really feel stupid for buying this car seat, I jumped the gun and purchased it because I fell in love with the design, I now wish that I had purchased a full travel system. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a stroller that will allow me to attach the car seat to it. I do not want a frame, I want to purchase something I can use when my baby gets older, too.|||I know you don't want to buy a frame (one you just sit a car seat it, not actual stroller) but take it from me, after they grow out of the infant car seat, you really aren't going to want to use a huge travel system stroller anyway. Just buy a cheap frame type thing or even a sling for now. Then later when your child is around 5 months old use a lightweight stroller. Chicco make a $50 or $60 lightweight stroller that is really nice. I have a Maclaren that is lightweight and i never use my big bulky stroller. In fact, my daughter is 21 months and i'm thinking about selling it at our garage sale next week. Invest in a really good lightweight stroller instead, you'll be happy you did later!|||I have a travel system and absolutely love it! Most travel systems however, only work with the car seat they come with.|||I am not sure where you bought it but most places will take items back for 90 days.|||Travel Systems are not necessary. Really. Studies released last year (and done before then as well) have said that a baby should be sleeping on a flat surface (crib, bassinet, flat stroller) not an incline (car seat, stroller leaning up, etc.) The car seat is the safest place for baby to be in the car, but out of the car there's negatives, their oxygen level going down. Car seats should not be used on shopping carts, as a place to sleep, or anything like that. And if you want to use a stroller, then finding one that lays flat is better than using a baby-seat in it that keeps them at that crunched position sitting up slightly. (That crunched position also causes acid reflux and tends to make colicky symptoms worse for a baby. They can't relax like that and that's not good for digestion.)





So go with a good stroller, one that lays flat if you want to use it in the first 3 months. The Graco Quatro Tour Deluxe isn't that expensive and lays flat. The Chicco brand has always laid flat, so if you go on Craigslist you can usually find one there for not too much. I love the Baby Trend joggers. I don't use them for jogging, but the baby/toddler has cup holders, the wheels are huge and rubber so they give a smooth and quiet ride, and it's not very wide so it fits in most stores without taking much room. (For the record, the baby trend doesn't lay flat, but at a low recline for 2-3 months up.)





Right now I'm using a Baby Trend jogger for my toddler and carrying my 2 month old son in a chest carrier (an Ergo), bypassing the stroller altogether for him for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment